Welcome to the Guided Setup!
We offer free setup assistance and you will soon receive an email from your dedicated Account Manager. Feel free to contact them directly, or call the support team at 877-346-7679 or 877-581-4877.
Here is a setup guide to walk you through each section.
Complete all fields applicable to your business. Some may seem unimportant but they are necessary to the proper functioning of the program.
· Be mindful of capitalization, spelling and punctuation.
· Do not skip entering your timezone or locale.
This screen reflects your “outer limits” for scheduling appointments. It does not determine the regular hours you are open for business.
· Important: Choose and set the widest range of times and days in which you can possibly accommodate any appointment.
· Example: if you have a service provider who sometimes works on Sundays or very late evenings when the rest of the business is usually closed, you must include that time as part of your business hours in this setup. Failure to do so will result in the inability to schedule appointments or close tickets outside of normal business hours.
· Click on the Start and End time for each day.
· Sales tax must be entered with a decimal point, such as “6.25.”
· Most businesses do not charge a service tax, so this number can remain at “0.0” if it does not apply to your business.
· Accepted forms of payment your business accepts, change the drop down box to Yes. It will be No if you do not accept the particular payment method.
· Save and Continue.
All the services performed in your business will be listed here. Each one must be entered separately.
Add a New Service:
· Click on Add a New Service and enter the information.
· Select the Service Group from the drop-down box. If this is a completely new service that does not fit into any your existing Service Groups, you will first have to create a new Service Group.
· Enter the Service Name, for example “Men’s Haircut.” Choose a name that differentiates this service from others in the same group. For example, Men’s Haircuts, Women’s haircuts, Children's Haircut.
· Taxable: Select yes or no from the drop-down box.
Click Save and repeat for all services you provide.Service Groups are categories that organize the services you provide for convenient access in scheduling, reporting, etc. All the individual services you offer must fit into one of the groups you create here.
From the Available Tab add a Standard Group to your Assigned List:
· Click on the green circle icon next to the Group you want to add.
· Go back to the “Assigned” tab and click on the name of the new Group.
· Assign a Sort Order and Online Priority to this group.
· Click Save.
New Custom Groups:
If your business has a group of services not covered by the standard groups, you can create a group and name it anything you like.
· Click on New Custom Group and fill in all required fields.
· Service Group Name: The name that will appear on schedules, reports, etc
· Service Category: Select a category from the drop-down box which best fits your group
· Sort Order determines in what order the groups will appear for scheduling appointments and in reports, etc. You’ll want your most popular groups to be first, second, third, etc. so they’re the most easily accessible
· Online Priority is the order in which you want clients to book online; for example Color before Haircut. Order its in online
· Click Create
· Enter name and all contact information, including mobile phone number and provider if you want this employee to receive text messages regarding schedule changes.
These are the hours this service provider is available for appointments to be scheduled.
· Selected times must fall within the hours you chose in Business Settings.
· Select the order in which you want this employee to appear on the schedule.
· Select “yes” for employees who Perform Services. Select “no” for others such as a receptionist or back room employee who does not appear on the schedule.
· Track Retail Sales keeps track of this employee’s retail sales for commissions/totals.
· Track Employee Tips: Click “yes” if employee accepts tips.
· Uses Time Clock: Click "yes" if employee will be clocking in and out or "no" if they are commission employee.
· Service Commission: Fill in a whole number only if the employee gets a commission on retail sales.
· Retail Commission: Fill in a number only if the employee gets a commission on retail sales.
· Do not skip the Hire Date.
· Select a Security Setting from the drop-down box. This determines what parts of the software this employee has access to. Properties for each Security Role can be changed under this tab as well.
· If this employee will be using the software, enter a unique username and password. You may leave this section blank if the employee will not be using the software.
How to Assign Services:
· Click on the Available Services.
· Check all the services this employee will perform.
· Enter the Price you charge for this employee to perform each service.
· Enter Duration and Process Time for each service. Duration is the amount of time needed to perform the service.
· Please Note: For a service with a process time, if you want the employee to be free to perform another service during the process time, you must divide the total time between Duration and Process. Only Duration time will be booked.
· Example: A service that takes 90 minutes total has a process time of 45 minutes. You will enter 45 minutes in Duration and 45 minutes in Process to add up to the total 90 minutes. This service will be booked on the schedule as 45 minutes to allow the employee to schedule another service during the 45 minute process time.
· Or if you wish, you can program the entire 90 in Duration and none in Process, so the entire time will be blocked out on the schedule.
· Click Save.
How to use the Copy Tab:
When assigning the same services to more than one employee, you can save time by copying some or all of the information from another employee’s record.
· Click on the Copy tab.
· Using the drop-down box, select the employee you want to copy from.
· Choose one of three options:
· Copy only the services which haven’t already been checked for the employee record you’re working on.
· Copy the above plus update the services which have already been assigned.
· Remove all existing services from this record and replace them with the services from the selected employee.
· Click Submit. If you’re sure you want to copy the services, select Yes in the pop-up and the services will be added.
· If you charge a different price for this employee to perform a service, you may change the Price field.
· If the Duration time is longer or shorter for this employee to perform a service, you may change it now.
· Click Save.
· When all of your service providers have been assigned services, click Done.
· Click Save and repeat for all employees by clicking “Add New Employee.”
Before entering individual products, you will enter background data on the Brand.
Brands: These are the companies who make the products you use
Optional: Enter all information for the first brand whose products you use.
· Sort Order is the order in which a brand will appear on reports.
· Click Save and repeat for all brand you use.
· Click Done with Brands.
Before entering individual products, you will enter background data on the Distributor.
Distributors: These are the companies from whom you order your products. If some are the same as the brand, enter them again under distributor.
Enter all information for the first distributor whose products you use
· Enter the information and click Save.
· Repeat for all distributors you use.
· Click Done with Distributors.
Product Groups are categories that organize your inventory for convenient access in ordering and reporting. All the individual products you carry must fit into one of the groups you create here.
· We’ve listed some standard Product Groups. Simply click on the green circles next to the groups you want to use. You’ll now have a list of the groups you’ve selected.
New Custom Groups:
If your business has a group of products not shown in the list of standard groups, you can create a group and name it anything you like.
· Click on New Custom Group and fill in all required fields. The Group name can be
anything you like.
· Product Group Name: The name that will appear on schedules, reports, etc.
· Product Category: Select a category from the drop-down box.
· Sort Order determines in what order the groups will appear for ordering and reporting inventory. You’ll want your most popular groups to be first, second, third, etc. so they’re the most easily accessible.
· Click Create.
· Click Done with Product Groups.
A separate entry must be made for every product in every size, including professional products.
· SKU Number: This is the 12-digit SKU number (the UPC barcode) on the product container. To save time and insure accuracy, it can be scanned in if you use a scanner.
· Brand: The company that makes the product. Select from the drop-down box.
· Product Group: Select from the drop-down box.
· Description: Deep Cleansing Shampoo - for example
· Size: You must enter a size to differentiate this product from other sizes of the same product in inventory. If size is not a consideration, select “1” and “EA.”
· Taxable: Yes or no.
· Type: Select Retail for all retail products even those used on back bar/work stations. Select professional for products that only used on customers like gallons sizes and Hair Color.
· Status: Select "Active" as you are entering in new products. Select “Inactive” only if the product has been discontinued or you no longer sell it.
· Salon Cost: Your cost (for business reporting and analysis).
· Retail Cost: This field must be filled in for the Point of Sale feature to work properly.
· Click Save and repeat for every product in every size you carry, including professional products.
There are two ways to enter clients into your client database.
· Import from an Excel Spreadsheet. If your client database is available as an Excel spreadsheet with properly titled columns and saved on your computer, you can import it into the software.
Download Client Template
· Enter Client Manually. You can get the information when the client makes an appointment or under the Manage>Clients. In just a few months you'll have a clean, usable database. If you choose this option, just click Done with Guided Setup and you'll be on your way to using the software.
Please download the Client Template file, as well as get some additional help and instructions on this feature.
· If you already have a properly completed spreadsheet, Top of Form Select a File to Upload.
· NOTE: You will be able to review the uploaded file before finalizing the Import.
· Click Continue to add any additional clients that are not on your spreadsheet. If there’s nothing to add, click Done with Guided Setup. You’re ready to start using SalonRunner to manage your business!
Click Done with Guided Setup. You’re ready to start using SalonRunner!
Did you find this article helpful?