Complete all fields applicable to your business. Some may seem unimportant but they are necessary to the proper functioning of the program.
· Be mindful of capitalization, spelling and punctuation.
· Sales tax must be entered with a decimal point, such as “6.25.”
· Most businesses do not charge a service tax, so this number can remain at “0.0” if it does not apply to your business.
· Do not skip entering your timezone or locale.
· When finished, click on the Detailed Settings tab.
· Check “yes” in any of the Client Required fields if you want that information to be a standard requirement on your client cards. If the information is missing from the client card, a pop-up will remind your desk staff to obtain it.
· Accepted forms of payment your business accepts, change the drop down box to Yes. It will be No if you do not accept the particular payment method.
· Booth Rental Settings:(ONLY pertains to businesses that have BoothRunners)
Allow Client Sharing with Owner and Renters
Allow Renters to Sell their own Retail
The next steps of the Detailed Settings are only available under the Manage>Basic Settings>Business Settings
Require Cash Drawer Open and Close: Yes, will require employees to open their drawer before checking tickets out. The will assist with tracking who opens a drawer and what time it was closed.
No, will not require a drawer to be open before checking tickets out.
Keep Tips in Drawer: Yes, if you do not remove tips from the cash drawer, but keep them to be paid as part of the employee’s regular pay cycle. You should also set up “Yes” to “Track Tips” under Settings in the employee record. This will allow you to assign tips to the appropriate employee(s) at customer checkout so individual records are kept for each employee’s tips.
No, if your employee’s will be receiving their tips immediately at time of client check out.
Always Print Receipt and Email Receipt if this is set to Yes then a receipt will automatically print when the ticket is finished.
Print Credit Card Receipt automatically will print your Credit Card Receipt when using the system’s integrated credit card processing.
Print Tip Worksheet is used as a form to allow your clients to add a tip to the transaction. Check “yes” to add a button to your Collect Payment screen which when clicked, will allow you to print the worksheet.
Credit Card Processing: Yes, if you use the system’s integrated credit card processing.
House fee is a charge deducted to the service provider’s commission in order to cover overall salon cost.
Time Clock: yes if any of your employees will be clocking in and out.
Advanced Inventory: SHOULD ALWAYS BE SET TO NO
Schedule Show Not Working (Default): will allow you to set a default to show or not to show who will not be working (if not working the day you are on it will not show that column on the schedule.
OCS (master on/off): Turns on and off your Online Client Scheduling system in one click.
OCS eCommerce: With Card Connect as your credit card processor will allow Credit Card capturing for cancellations. Clients will also be able to purchase Gift Cards in the OCS.
Allow Product Reservations: Yes, if you allow your customers to reserve products when scheduling online. Then see Online Products Reservations.
Email Required for Scheduling will be a required field when scheduling an appointment and when on there is no skip option.
Remaining Standing Appointments Notification % (AVAILABLE in Release 6.2 coming Sept 2016)
This screen reflects your “outer limits” for scheduling appointments. It does not determine the regular hours you are open for business.
· Important: Choose and set the widest range of times and days in which you can possibly accommodate any appointment.
· Example: if you have a service provider who sometimes works on Sundays or very late evenings when the rest of the business is usually closed, you must include that time as part of your business hours. Failure to do so will result in the inability to schedule appointments or close tickets outside of normal business hours.
· Click on the Start and End time for each day.
· Save and Continue.
To make any changes to your Business Settings, you may do so by going to Manage>Basic Settings>Business Settings
Changing Business Hours:
If you attempt to change your business hours to be closed during a time you have an appointment scheduled it will not allow you to. Here is how this feature works:
- Business hours are located under Manage>Basic Settings>Business Settings
- Click on Scheduling Hours
- Change the business hours to whenever you will be opening or closing the business
- If an appointment is scheduled outside of that time you will see the following error (this is on a week by week basis so it will only stop you if you have an appointment booked for that day of the week.)
- If you need to you can go back and reschedule the appointment so that you don’t close your business when you have an appointment scheduled
Did you find this article helpful?